Jagenberg Paper GmbH has received an order from a customer from Finland to modernize the machine and drive control system combined with a safety upgrade and an improvement of productivity of the VariRoll winder, which has now been successfully realized. All measures based on a machine audit which was previously excecuted by the experts from Jagenberg.
The rebuild essentially consisted of:
- Renewal of the entire control system
- New visualization system for more reliable and user-friendly machine operation
- Integration of interfaces to the mill system
- Additional safety equipment for safer operation of the winder
- Implementation of another winding station
- Assembly supervision, commissioning and production support
The rebuild was realized within the annual shutdown in November 2021 and followed up by a production optimization phase with respect to special paper grades.
After the rebuild, the VariRoll runs significantly better and at a higher speed level as before, so that the customer is very satisfied about the result as well as with the very good cooperation during project execution.
We would like to thank our customer, who for strategic reasons does not wish to be named, for the successful and trustful cooperation.
Phone: +49 (0) 2151 / 6560 221
Jagenberg Paper GmbH
47803 Krefeld - Germany